Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

City Girls, Book Releases, and Trailers


I don't know what happened last week.  I went to Atlanta, Georgia for my family reunion so I wrote my post before I left.  I thought I had scheduled it to publish on Monday.  Imagine my surprise when I checked and it wasn't there. 
I was going to use it for this week, but I decided not to do that.  Too many things have happened that I'd like to share. 

I worked on a few projects this past week.  One of them is for Wounded Women Win founded by Minister LaSonya Clark-Bellman to help women recover, learn from, and triumph over the pain of the past.  Her story is amazing and it was really hard to choose which parts to use and condense into a minute and 30 seconds.  I will be working on additional pieces for this group in the near future.  I'm truly grateful to be a part of this much needed organization.  



I am still in pre-production for my new project, City Girls.  It's about five college friends who have managed to maintain their close friendship since singing together in the choir in college.  The ladies go through some good times and bad times but they manage to stay friends and support each other through their trials and tribulations.  There is drama, humor, and singing throughout. 


I finally cast the fifth and final singer/actress for City Girls.  These five young ladies are so talented!  They can really sing!  I am going to do some rewriting so they can really showcase their abilities.  We are going to have our first rehearsal this weekend.  I am so excited.  My director is the bomb too.  I'll tell you about him some time in the near future.  I'll be posting pictures and maybe some video too.

Things are going really well with Red Remote.  I look forward to Wednesday nights and working with the Red Remote team down at UDetroit Cafe.  I love working on this show.  The hosts, Carlos and Ashley, are great, the production team has it together, and we have some of the best guests.  This week one of the guest will be author, Monica L. Jones.  She'll be discussing her new book, and her event at the Franklin Athletic Club this weekend. 

Ashley Elise and Carlos Mayes
Co-host of Red Remote 

I have been thoroughly enjoying The Love Phobia.  The stars, Carlos Mayes and Aaron Toland, II are gifted actors.  I watched episode 2.  Even though it has a lot of profanity, I am enjoying the series.  It is interesting and I am looking forward to seeing what happens in episode 3 on August 5th.  I'm hoping B, Damien's girlfriend, gets herself together and leaves him for good.  It doesn't make sense to stay in a relationship where you are unhappy.  Men and women need to realize that and stop thinking that having someone that isn't right for you is better than being alone.  There's nothing wrong with being alone, and just because you are alone doesn't mean you have to be lonely. 

This weekend I will be going to the premiere for Why Do Men Cheat?  I have been hearing about this movie for several months now and it's finally time to go check it out.  I have been told by a couple of the cast members that this is going to be the best film premiere this summer.  I have no intentions of missing it.  



Middle of Nowhere was written and directed by Ava DuVernay.  She won the Best Director award for this film at the Sundance Film Festival this year.  She is the first black woman to win Best Director at Sundance.  I am so proud of this sister.  This is inspirational for me to keep on going and working towards my dream.



Thank you for allowing me to share a part of my world with you.  
Please leave a comment and share with your friends.

April
~~~~~






4 comments: