Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

T-shirts, Cookies, and Music


I accomplished quite a bit over the past week.  Writing my first post was a major accomplishment for me.  Thanks to all of the people who encouraged and supported me.  And a big thank you to all of you who read it.  

I finally came to a decision about the design of the T-shirts for "Waffles".  I know DeLano (the owner of Righteous Cre8sons) is glad that I made up my mind.  He's been very patient with me through this process.  I had an idea of what I wanted but that involved too many colors (each color is a different screen which means more money).  He is really working with me so I can get something I want at a price I can afford.  Now I need to get the money together so I can have them ready to distribute to my cast and crew for the screening, which will be sometime near the end of next month.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that editing will be finished soon.  

This is not me

I should have had my fingers crossed when I tried to make these cookies.  I'm trying to have creative and interesting snacks for the screening.  Someone suggested Waffle cookies.  Great idea.  I know my way around the kitchen and I make excellent cookies. This shouldn't be too hard.  I found a recipe.  Usually, I make a few changes to a recipe but this time I didn't.  Also, cookie dough can be "sensitive", changing the recipe can be dangerous.  It was an easy recipe and I had my little guy assisting me.  I have never made cookies on a waffle iron before, so I followed the directions exactly as they were written.  Soon, we were ready to drop the dough on the hot waffle iron.  

This is what I expected


This is what I got


I ended up with a pile of crumbs.  They tasted pretty good.  My assistants and other household members ate all the crumbs so all I need to work on is my cooking technique.  I have an idea of what went wrong so I am going to make a few modifications and try again.  I'm expecting better results, next time.  I'm determined to have cute, delicious, waffle shaped cookies for my screening.  

My friend, Lamar Anthem, brought me over an advanced copy of his soon to be released CD.  He's using my photos for the front and back covers.  I'm super excited about that.  I'll also be working on his video for "Next to Me", the first single from the album.  We talked about his concept for the video and we'll most likely be shooting some footage for it at his Release Party on July 29th.  Click here to listen to the single.

I want to encourage you to support The Love Phobia, a new web series about the battle of the sexes.  Episode 1 introduces the characters.  It's under 10 minutes long so I won't say more than that.  I am looking forward to watching episode 2, which according to my sources, will be up and ready to view on July 22nd.  From, what I've seen so far, and from what I've heard through the grapevine, it should be a really good series with some interesting and unexpected things happening.  

Thank you for allowing me to share a part of my world with you.  
Please leave a comment and share with your friends.

April
~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment