Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Books, Blogs, and Rehearsals


Whew!  What a weekend!  So much was going on this weekend and I tried to participate in all of it!  I'm only going to discuss a few of the many things that happened.

First of all, congratulations to "the girl".  She took her test for her next belt in martial arts this weekend and now she's the senior student in class.  My little guy missed the test because he is away at camp but he'll be home Wednesday and he will take his test Thursday.  I'm sure he will pass with flying colors too.


When Monica L. Jones invited me to her book event at the Franklin Athletic Club I was slightly confused.  I kept trying to figure out why she would have a book event there.  I had this image in my head that people would be lifting weights, riding the cycles, sweating and grunting right next to the table where she would be autographing books.  I knew it wasn't going to be like that for real but that's what kept popping into my head. 

To order go to  http://www.monicaljones.com/

Let me tell you, it was nothing like that.  The book event was held in the banquet room at the Franklin Athletic Club.  It is a beautiful room with gorgeous chandeliers and away from the activities.  Monica really turned it out.  The decorations were an athletic theme that matched the books' storyline, the food was good, and somehow Monica spoke to each one of the approximately 50 people that were in attendance.  She thanked everyone for attending and managed to say something special about each person in the room and a few people who weren't in the room.  Everyone mingled and had a good time.  I had to leave early but people were still coming when I left.  Before I left I made sure to have both of my books signed by the author.  Instead of just signing her name she wrote a personal message in each one for me. I love having my books autographed by the author.  It makes it easier to get them back if I let someone borrow them.

She had cake too!
  
Even though I haven't started reading Monica's books yet, I have been catching up on some of the blogs.  Sometimes we get caught up in things and forget what's really important.  Reading Ridiculous Hungry helped me get my perspective back on track and focus.  Also, the author is responsible for me making coconut lime cupcakes this weekend.  I needed to redeem myself after that mess with the waffle cookies.  I've modified the recipe and I'm still not happy with the results. I only ate two cupcakes, one Friday and one Saturday.  I managed to get the rest of them out of this house today.  There's only one left and I'm sure "the girl" will take care of it before today is over. 

Photo by "The Girl" and those are my hands

My cast ate the other cupcakes today at rehearsal.  These ladies are extremely talented.  Today's rehearsal had me feeling so good about City Girls.  Royce, the director of Waffles, is busy with his own project so Swift is directing City Girls.  Their styles are very different but I know I'm going to end up with a great finished product working with either one of them.  There are a couple of other directors I feel this way about too.  I'll save that for a future post. 

Thank you for allowing me to share a part of my world with you.  
Please leave a comment and share with your friends.

April
~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment